We advise and represent employers and employees in dealing with all aspects of employment relationships, from recruitment to compliance with employment law obligations and terminations or disputes.
We advise clients in relation to employment issues in a number of sectors including retail and hospitality to specialised areas like pharmaceutical sales, complex manufacturing and regulated professions.
In particular we act for employees and employers in unfair dismissal cases and have appeared in hearings by Rights Commissioners, the Employment Appeals Tribunal, the Labour Court and now the Workplace Relations Commission.
We have acted for a number of specialist, high-value employees in dealing with fixed-term employment contracts and the issues arising out of the termination of employment, such as pay and bonuses, allegations of theft of intellectual property or clients of the former employer and have defended employees in such circumstances in Commercial Court proceedings.
- Acting for an employer in defending a number of actions arising out of a terminated employment including hearings by a Rights Commissioner, the Employment Appeals Tribunal and the Equality Authority.
- Drafting employment contracts and terms and conditions.
- Advising employers, employees and contractors on ownership of intellectual property.
- Acting for a client in defending Commercial Court proceedings taken by a former employer alleging unfair competition and theft of intellectual property and trade information.
- Acting for a client in protecting his job and forcing his employer to make changes to the workplace after he was threatened with termination due to health difficulties.
- Advising clients in relation to redundancy payments and severance agreements.
- Pursuing redundancy payments through applications to the Employment Appeals Tribunal.
- Pursuing unpaid wages through Rights Commissioner hearings and court enforcement.
- Advising a non-profit organisation on terminating the employment of a key senior employee.
- Representing regulated professionals in disciplinary and fitness to practice proceedings.