We provide a range of services to businesses including advising in relation to the establishment of businesses and the appropriate form in which a business should be operated, management of employment relationships, intellectual property, licensing and property transactions.
In particular we help businesses with the day-to-day legal issues that arise when maintaining and growing a business. We advise on employment contracts and dealing with employment relationships, including the termination of them. Our core practice areas of property transactions, litigation, regulatory compliance and estate planning are particularly relevant to the small and medium businesses that we advise and represent on a daily basis.
- Acting in the purchase and sale of commercial properties including pubs, restaurants, hotels shops and supermarkets.
- Advising an entrepreneur on business establishment structures.
- Acting for a significant employer in successfully defending claims of discrimination and harassment by a former employee.
- Drafting website terms and conditions and privacy statements for ecommerce businesses and financial services providers.
- Drafting contractual documents for a speciality transport operator.
- Obtaining licences for a food and drink distributor.
- Acting for a professional in the dissolution of a partnership, including arbitration proceedings and a Supreme Court Appeal on an important point of arbitration law.
- Defending domain name disputes before the World Intellectual Property Organization.
- Defending Commercial Court proceedings involving competitor businesses.
- Drafting non-disclosure agreements for an entrepreneur.
- Negotiating a confidentiality agreement for use by a creative professional in providing services to a high profile individual.